"Scarred" is the fourth episode of the third season of Vikings. It is the twenty-third episode of the series overall. It first aired on March 12, 2015. It was written by creator Michael Hirst and directed by Jeff Woolnough.
The victorious Wessex/Viking forces return to Wessex but there is rancour in the Viking camp – Floki is angry over the alliance with Ecbert and is resentful of the influence that he feels Athelstan has over Ragnar. Princess Kwenthrith makes some calculating political moves following the battle at the Hill of the Ash in Mercia. Visitors from the past arrive in Hedeby, at Kalf’s invitation.
Aethelwulf attempts to befriend Rollo and Floki, although Floki is still not happy about fighting for Christians.
Kalf and Einar discuss plans of what will happen when Lagertha returns, and Kalf states he has invited an important person to their village to deal with that – King Horik's son Erlendur, who is now married to Jarl Borg's widow Torvi, and Jarl Borg's infant son.
Aslaug's two sons run out of their home and Siggy runs after to find them walking across a frozen pond where both boys fall through the thin ice. Siggy dives in after them, and Harbard helps pull them out as Siggy drowns.
Princess Kwenthrith, when giving a toast, poisons her brother Burgred.
- Travis Fimmel as King Ragnar
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha/Earl Ingstad
- Clive Standen as Rollo
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- George Blagden as Athelstan
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn
- Alyssa Sutherland as Queen Aslaug
- Ben Robson as Earl Kalf
- Kevin Durand as Harbard
- Linus Roache as King Ecbert
- Amy Bailey as Princess Kwenthrith
- Moe Dunford as Prince Aethelwulf
- Maude Hirst as Helga
- Jennie Jacques as Princess Judith
- Ivan Kaye as King Aelle
- Gaia Weiss as Þorunn
Additional Cast (in order of appearance)
- Cathál Ó'Hallin as Hvitserk
- Cormac Melia as Ubbe
- Aaron Monaghan as Prince Burgred
- Philip O'Sullivan as Bishop Edmund
- Steve Wall as Einar
- Elinor Crawley as Thyri
- Robert Fawsitt as Drunken Saxon
- Bryan Baker as Drunken Northman
- Edvin Endre as Erlendur
- Georgia Hirst as Torvi