"Two Journeys" is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of Vikings. It is the forty-second episode of the series overall. It first aired on December 14, 2016. It was written by creator Michael Hirst and directed by Sarah Harding.
Ragnar’s fleet is shipwrecked and washes up on the Wessex coast, but without enough survivors to form a credible force, Ragnar and Ivar have a difficult decision to make. Rollo meets his Viking comrades again and can’t resist the urge to join Bjorn’s voyage, risking his marriage and his new Frankish identity. Ragnar too is taking a risk as he carries Ivar towards the Royal Villa in Wessex – throwing himself and his son upon the mercy of King Ecbert.
In Wessex, Ragnar, Ivar, and a few others survive the storm and are washed up on the beach. Several of them blame Ragnar for their misfortune and taunt him. Aethelwulf finds Ragnar's black raven banner on the beach, and alerts King Ecbert, who reassures him that Ragnar is simply one man. In Francia, Bjorn's fleet arrives and he asks Rollo for safe passage, but he is imprisoned along with Floki, Harald, and Halfdan. Harald and Halfdan chastise Bjorn for having trusted Rollo. Later, Rollo meets Bjorn and agrees to allow them free passage, if he can sail with them. In Hedeby, Lagertha imprisons Ubbe and Sigurd, and attacks Kattegat, intending to replace Aslaug on the throne. Bjorn's ship sets sail, but they stop and submerge Rollo by keelhauling him. Bjorn lets Rollo up, and Rollo laughs as they sail on. In Wessex, Ragnar tells Ivar they must go to the Royal Villa and abandon the others; they kill their fellow Vikings while they are asleep. Ragnar and Ivar arrive at the Royal town and give themselves up.
- Travis Fimmel as King Ragnar
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha
- Clive Standen as Duke Rollo
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn
- Alyssa Sutherland as Queen Aslaug
- Peter Franzén as Harald "Finehair"
- Jasper Pääkkönen as Halfdan "The Black"
- Moe Dunford as Prince Aethelwulf
- Alex Høgh as Ivar
- Marco Ilsø as Hvitserk
- David Lindström as Sigurd
- Jordan Patrick Smith as Ubbe
- Linus Roache as King Ecbert
- Josefin Asplund as Astrid
- Maude Hirst as Helga
- Ida Marie Nielsen as Margrethe
- Georgia Hirst as Torvi
- Jennie Jacques as Princess Judith
- Morgane Polanski as Princess Gisla
Additional Cast (in order of appearance)
- Jack Olohan as Viking Farmer
- Liam Clarke as Gudmund
- Ed Murphy as Gardar
- Amy Hughes as Shield Maiden
- Charles Last as William Son of Rollo
- Caoimhe Garvin as Young Saxon Girl
- Michael Power as Captain of the Guard
- Chris McHallem as Saxon Noble
- Jack Walsh as Scotus
- Paul Booth as Saxon Officer